Downtown Madison Seasonal Window Display Competition
On November 18th at 6:08pm all of downtown will flip a switch and light up with seasonal lights! We want YOU and YOUR BUSINESS to participate. We have developed a super fun contest and want you to participate!
Retailers in the BID can participate to win free ads (and bragging rights, of course!).
The Window Display Competition will run from Saturday, November 18 through Sunday, November 26.
Guests will pick up a ballot at the Downtown Visitors Center (452 State Street) near Lisa Link Peace Park. They will walk the street and rate each business from 1-5, 5 being excellent and 1 being not so impressive. Ballots will be collected and tabulated by the Downtown Ambassadors.
Each business is encouraged to have some incentive or offer for the to bring them in to your business for judging. This could be similar to your Holiday Open House (11/24-26) offer. The ballot will list all the businesses participating, however each business will also receive a poster of “the capitol dome” to place in their window to show participation. This does not need to be incorporated INTO your display but must be visible so voters identify you as a participant.
The community will be encouraged to vote to receive goodies not only from your business but everyone who participates will get entered into a drawing for the grand prize!
The grand prize will consist of several donations from each of the businesses participating (if you should choose to donate something for the grand prize).
- The voting period begins at 5pm on Saturday, November 18 and runs through Sunday, November 26.
- Winners will be announced on Monday, November 27.
- Your window display is invited to be a part of the timed lighting ceremony on Saturday November 18 ceremony at 6:08pm.
- You must keep your display up throughout the entirety of the contest (11/18 – 11/27) but we encourage you to keep it up all season.
- Displays must be appropriate for all ages.
- We encourage you to decorate not only your windows but the inside of your business too.
- If you are in the contest you cannot place a vote. Let’s play fair. No encouraging people to purposely vote against your neighbors to improve your chances of winning. However, you are welcome to promote the contest to encourage your patrons to vote for you.
We look forward to lighting up downtown with you!
CONTACT FOR QUESTIONS OR TO REGISTER:
Tiffany Kenney, Executive Director
Madison’s Central BID
Or, complete the form below & return Madison Central BID Fax: 608-204-9028
Or, Mail to Madison Central BID: 122 W. Washington Ave., Ste. 250, Madison, WI, 53703